Skip to main content.

Archives

This is the archive for September 2011

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Falcon has an elected web application platform called "Nest" (Falcon Nest...) which we're intensely developing and that's becoming ready for production services by the hour.

Initially, the only modular element in the picture was a so called "Service", a type of standardized module that could have been interacting with other services in a page, and that would have had to be "configured" (actually, programmed) on-site. For instance, a "Form" could have been a service, as a whole "Wiki". The idea is quite interesting for self-contained entities as the "Login" service, where the rendering of the login form, the check of the authorization level and other related activities can be tracked to a single conceptual entity; or, in simple database-table editing, where the form must just read and then store data in the required record; you just need, and most of the time just want, a very simple way to perform some consistency checks before storing data in the database, and then you're done.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I've been full force on some other projects for sometime now, but I urged to get back to the new engine -- also for business reasons. My intention is to dedicate a bit of care to it every day from now on, but today I worked all the day on it to get back in touch with the new API and the problems that were left open on the ground.

Today I have fixed a couple of nifty details that were left open: the booleanization of items (a = "value"; if a ...), which is now overridable, and safe and consistent cleanup of the execution context in interactive compiler.

Also, I have added grammar for both range declaration ([x:y:z]) and range accessor (x[a:b:c]). I dragged those a bit because they were extremely delicate and complex to integrate in the new array declaration syntax (which actually opens a simple, but powerful sub-parser for improved parsing of functional expressions).

Now I am searching for some ppl at #falcon implementing the implementation of range access in strings and arrays (functions are already in, we just need to copy some glue code from the old engine).

Well, we're back in action.