Skip to main content.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Update: I brought everything in; also I removed the try/catch array and used a micro stack frame instead. This was to remove a bug, but the side effect is also much better performances in exception handling and try opcode.

In the end, I removed the three switches for parameter decoding. More finetuned tests shown that there was no performance impact using per-parameter function call, and the code is much cleaner. Also, it seems that VS8 takes greater benefit from this code layout, outperforming GCC 4.0 when using the code this way. Finally, I plan to reduce the ternary codes, so the mean impact of this approach on the generated opcodes should tend to improve as the code evolves.

Comments

No comments yet

Add Comment

This item is closed, it's not possible to add new comments to it or to vote on it